Event has already taken place
We communicate continuously, but do we ever see and reach each other for real? The Blind by Lera Auerbach challenges our conceptions of how well we really can understand other people, including those we think we know. The plot? A child, a priest, and twelve nameless blind people on a deserted island are left to themselves and an unknown fate. The Blind, performed by the Gothenburg Symphony Vocal Ensemble, is an opera for choir à cappella. And a unique opportunity for a responsive audience prepared to reflect on what it hears without seeing.
The number of places is limited. Eye blinds included.
That’s how it goes
- You enter via the Concert Hall’s main entrance
- Show the ticket for the staff
- Wait at the marked assembly point in the wardrobe hall
- There you will get an eye blind to put over your eyes
- Then the staff will leda you to your place
Be sure to arrive well in advance, we cannot let the audience in after the concert’s start time.
Lincoln Center, New York
The American Opera Project
Point Music Festival is conducted with the support of the Sten A Olsson foundation for Research and Culture.