Gothenburg Concert Hall sells tickets both as an organizer (through Göteborgs Symfoniker AB) and as a mediator for external organizers. The external organizers decide which purchase conditions apply to their events. In the concert calender you can see if your event is arranged by an external part and who that organizer is.
Terms and conditions for tickets
- Every visitor to an event must possess a valid ticket with a readable bar code.
- Numbered tickets are only valid for the seat number specified on the ticket.
- Entitlement to a discount (for example, a student discount) must be able to be verified in connection with ticket inspection/entry to the event.
- Purchased tickets cannot be exchanged. The rules set out in the Swedish Distance and Doorstep Sales Act regarding right of withdrawal do not apply to purchases of event tickets.
- Purchased tickets cannot be redeemed. The rules set out in the Swedish Distance and Doorstep Sales Act regarding right of withdrawal do not apply to purchases of event tickets.
- Ticket purchases can only be refunded in the event of a cancelled concert. In such circumstances, any service charge paid will not be refunded.
- A ticket is a valuable document. Lost tickets can only be replaced if the customer has provided their name and contact details in connection with the booking. In order to get a duplicate ticket printed out, you need to be able to provide valid proof of ID. If you require assistance, please contact our Ticket Office.
- All tickets are checked with scanners as part of the ticket inspection process upon entry to the event. Only one person is permitted entry per ticket. Tickets may not be copied or otherwise used more than once.
- A ticket may be transferred to another person, provided it is not stated on the website and/or on the ticket that the ticket is personal.
- Tickets may not be resold or used in some other manner for commercial purposes. Furthermore, tickets may not be offered as prizes in competitions without the prior written consent of Göteborgs Symfoniker AB and/or the relevant external organiser. If these terms & conditions are violated, Göteborgs Symfoniker AB has the right to cancel the ticket(s).
- Tickets purchased as part of a concert subscription cannot be redeemed.
- Tickets purchased as part of a concert subscription are not personal.
- As a Classical or Premium subscriber, you can exchange your ticket for a ticket to another orchestra concert if you are prevented from attending the original concert. For Gold, Silver and Large subscriptions, this is done free of charge. For other types of subscriptions, a fee is payable per ticket. This ticket exchange option only applies for a limited period and is subject to availability.
- If you choose to have your tickets delivered by mail, a possible delivery fee will appear in the purchase process.
- Delivery fees will note be refunded in case of an event being cancelled.
Purchases that violate the terms & conditions for tickets
- Göteborgs Symfoniker AB reserves the right to cancel a booking or purchase that violates the specified terms & conditions. Examples of this include situations in which the customer books or purchases more than the permitted number of tickets, purchases tickets for commercial use or manipulates a ticket.
- Tickets that are handled incorrectly and bookings that are made incorrectly may be declared invalid.
- Göteborgs Symfoniker AB has the right to close a customer’s account with immediate effect if the customer attempts to circumvent the terms & conditions for tickets.
- Göteborgs Symfoniker AB (or external organizer) reserves the right to change programmes and participants in the event of illness or other event beyond the control of the Göteborgs Symfoniker AB and/or another organizer.
- Göteborgs Symfoniker AB has no obligation to notify program changes in advance, but will, as far as possible, make such information visible here on the website.
- It is your own responsibility to check that an event has not been cancelled or moved.
- An event is deemed to be cancelled when it is not performed at all. Changes to the repertoire, a change of date, partially performed events or other such circumstances do not constitute a cancelled event.
- If an event is cancelled, purchased tickets will be refunded within 30 days, to the account you used for your purchase
- Please note that the provisions of the Swedish Bankruptcy Act apply in the event of an external organiser becoming bankrupt.
- We accept no responsibility or liability for any misprints in calendars, printed materials or adverts, or on social media or websites. Information about prices, discounts, ticket release dates and the terms & conditions for ticket purchases may change without prior notice.
- If you are dissatisfied with something during the event, please contact one of the ushers or other members of staff on location to see if they can help you.
- For other issues, please contact our Ticket Office for further assistance. The Ticket Office can be contacted by phone: 031-7265300, or via email: email@example.com.
- If you change your mind about your purchase of the cookbook ”A Taste of Gothenburg Concert Hall”, you have a 14-day right of withdrawal from the date on which you received the product. You must pay the cost of return shipping. Please contact our Ticket Office before you send back the book, so that our staff can assist you with the process.
- Gift cards are valid for two years from the date of purchase.
- Gift cards cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash unless such terms have been explicitly specified at the time of issue (only applicable to a refund in connection with a cancelled event).
Privacy, security and personal data
- When you purchase a ticket from us, you consent to our storage and processing of your personal data. We do this in order to be able to fulfil our undertaking in relation to you, our customer.
- We also document all communication that we have with you via email, so that we can provide you with the service you expect from us.
- According to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the right, upon request, to receive details of the information we have registered about you.We reserve the right to use your email address to send you newsletters and marketing about our own activities.
- Our concerts normally start on time.
- Visitors who arrive late will be allowed to take their seats as soon as our ushers deem this to be possible. In order to avoid disturbance to other members of the audience, visitors who arrive late may be forced to wait for a suitable moment during the concert before being able to take their seats.
- On certain occasions it may not be possible for us to allow visitors into the auditorium once the concert has started.
- Late arrival does not entitle a visitor to a refund of their ticket purchase.
Photography and audio/video recordings
- Photography or audio/video recordings are not permitted.
- Only persons with special accreditation are permitted to take photographs or make audio/video recordings of events for further distribution. Visitors and members of the audience may be included in such contexts.
- No further permission will be sought or obtained from members of the audience prior to the publication or further distribution of such photographs/recordings.
- Mobile phones must be turned off during all events in Gothenburg Concert Hall.
- We reserve the right to eject individuals who are behaving in a disruptive manner at an event.
Food and beverages
- It is not permitted to take food or drink into the auditoriums.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in Gothenburg Concert Hall.
- This section contains information about the booking of wheelchair spaces and accessibility in Gothenburg Concert Hall.
Strollers, luggage etc
- Due to regulations regarding evacuation routes and planning, it is not possible to take prams or strollers into the auditoriums or foyers.
- Prams and strollers can be left in the designated areas in the Wardrobe Hall (Garderobshallen). However, due to regulations regarding evacuation routes and planning, we can only accept a limited number of prams and strollers.
- Please note that, for safety and security reasons, we cannot allow visitors to take large bags, backpacks, instrument cases or other such items into the auditoriums. Furthermore, for the same reasons, visitors are not allowed to take walkers or their own chairs into the auditoriums.
Do you need help? Contact the ticket office
Which concert do you choose?
In our wide range, there is something to suit everyone. Find your favourite in the concert calendar!