Be a part of The Fall Break Choir
Every autumn, young singers and musicians from western Sweden tend to meet in Gothenburg Concert Hall. Join us too – a guaranteed energy injection where you develop and get to know even more people who love music!
During the course, you develop vocally and scenically, and get to work with professional singers and educators in one of the world’s finest concert halls. The Final Fireworks is a concert in the mighty Great Hall in Gothenburg Concert Hall.
The autumn holiday choir is led with a warm hand by conductor Simon Kim Phipps. The choir is carried out in collaboration with the Swedish Young Musicians’ Association. Most participants are usually between 14-22 years old.
Fall Break Choir 2021
In order to be able to follow the authorities’ recommendations regarding the spread of infection due to Covid-19, we will only be able to welcome choir singers for the Autumn Holiday Choir 2021, not orchestra participants. Due to the recommendations, the number of participating singers for the choir is also limited.
We do our utmost to arrange a safe and secure environment during your stay in accordance with the authorities’ recommendations. All participants will be given detailed rules of conduct to approve in connection with the course.
The choir is aimed at those who can sing from scores, and have sung in choir before. You should be well prepared for the music sheets. Most participants tend to be between about 14-22 years. Talk to your teacher to see if it’s the right level for you! If you want to see the sheet material before you apply, send an email to email@example.com.
- Gabriel Fauré – Requiem
- Benjamin Britten – Rejoice in the Lamb
- Sunday 17 October: Kick off! 10.00-16.30
- Saturday 30 October-Tuesday 2 November 10.00-16.30
- Wednesday 3 November from about 13.00 with final concert 18.00
- The course fee for the Autumn Holiday Choir is SEK 250.
- Members of Riksförbundet Unga Musikanter, RUM, living in Västra Götaland or Halland pay only SEK 50, the rest is reimbursed by RUM.
- For questions about RUM membership, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entire choirs that participate in the Autumn Holiday Choir can be free of charge.
- The fee is paid via a link that is sent together with the admission letter.
Also Open Choir at the Autumn Holiday!
On 1-3 November, you are welcome to join the Open Choir at the Gothenburg Concert Hall!
Open Choir is for you who like to sing in a choir with others and who have a disability. You are 12-20 years old and in need of extra support. You do not need to prepare. If you need help with meals or transfers, bring someone with you who can help you. It’s free to join the Open Choir.
- Monday 1 November-Tuesday 2 November 10.00-15.00
- Wednesday 3 November at 13.00-17.00
Open Choir during the autumn holidays is a collaboration between the School of Culture in the City of Gothenburg and the Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra, a pilot project starting in 2021.
Due to the authorities’ recommendations regarding the spread of infection due to Covid-19, the number of places is limited.
More information: email@example.com
Play and sing even more with us!
Develop your musicality even more with us at the Concert Hall! Musicians from the Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra are on hand to support you in The Fall Break Choir with orchestra, but also in The Sports Holiday Orchestra, Vägus and the Side by Side music camp. Guaranteed energy injections where you get to know even more people who love music.